Sundays.


This is the day where I'm home pretty much the entire day with all 4 of my kids. We've pretty much decided that the 9:00 church service is what works for us. We get home around 10:30 and I usually find myself in the kitchen from then on until 2 or 3, which I've recently discovered isn't such a bad place to be. We run around so much throughout the rest of the week and it's so nice to just be home and not have anything scheduled on the calendar. We rarely eat altogether as a family anymore because of all the kids different activities now, so I try to make it a priority to cook to eat at home on Sunday. Our kitchen really has become the heart of our home. Aydan and Rylan are usually the first to pass through the kitchen wondering what I'm baking, and a few minutes pass and Lanie and Josie stroll on through with the same question. Pumpkin muffins. Smiles all around. I like to see my kids eat good and feel relaxed at the table. When I slow down enough, (and hang around the kitchen long enough), I get the chance to really see my kids. They're all growing up so fast and I really need to remind myself they won't be 3, 6, 10, and 13 much longer. Atleast I have Sundays for us to slow down and reconnect.

0 comments:




MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com