Doo-dads



I didn't know that laying on my kitchen tile floor could be so relaxing and hilarious at the same time. My kids caught a brief moment of their Mom laughing at herself uncontrollably. I say brief because in all the moments leading up to that point I was certainly not laughing....well, a few times I was. What started out as a small project turned into an extreme room makeover...and that required going through A LOT of stuff! I thought it was a genius idea to give a teenager several 3-drawer compartments to get organized, but as we unloaded we realized it was just a way that she was just "stuffing" her stuff. There were several moments of "Oh that's where I put that!" and my questioning: "what is this for?", or "where do you want to put this?", and my favorite: "I just don't know Mom". Ariel's cave of gadgets and gizmo's a plenty, and who's it's and what's it's galore just did not compare to the "treasures" we unloaded. We found a lifetime supply of glow in the dark sticky men, 10 different varieties of goofy glasses, kazoos, noisemaker things that when you turn them upside down it sounds like a dying cow, and other several items that only a 13 year old could entertain themselves for hours over. At one serious point she decided she was ready to pack up her American girl dolls and when we brought them down it appeared that they all had aged....they each had a coat of gray dust on their heads! I couldn't stop laughing with Josie as she in the middle of the chaos blowing off the dust while wearing a plastic shower cap and headband wrapped around her head. The project was making slow progress so eventually I took over while she took several ice-cream and facebook breaks. The dresser I spraypainted black for her wasn't quite dry and left a trail of black smears as I dragged it through the tile floor to her room....which was what brought me to the floor in the first place. It just felt so good to not be moving furniture or organizing for a moment. I noticed my kids were thoroughly entertaining themselves during my organization mission: Aydan was playing his 25th game of Wii, Josie was still on facebook, Lanie had a friend over, and Rylan fell asleep on his own on the couch, while ice-cream dishes were piled all over the sink. My family knows I'm a machine when it comes to cleaning or organizing and like to avoid my "GI-Jane" mode during the process, but I think it was good for them, (and myself), to have them actually hear me laugh at myself for scrubbing the floor as if my life depended on it. I should remember to laugh more often, and maybe get someone to scoop some ice cream for me too.

0 comments:




MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com