Goodbye crib



I've owned a piece of furniture for 13 years and I knew the time would eventually come when it would be time to say good-bye. I have 4 kids....ages 13, 10, 6, and 3. I am so thankful for each one of them and they all spent the first couple years of their lives sleeping in this crib. A part of me would love to dream about having another sweet newborn to cuddle and love, but I also remember how much work that can actually be since I've done it 4 times already. Those times I spent with each of them as babies will always be cherished, and I'll always be thankful for that blessing and opportunity. Saying good-bye to this crib was actually a way for me to close the door in that chapter of my life and a chance to refocus what's ahead for my family of 6. Right now we're already juggling 2 soccer teams, girlscouts, football, softball, potty training, teenage moods, school, church activities, playdates, batman, Wii games, reading, homework and groceries. I love that I get to be actively involved in each of their lives and interests, and that really meant I had to let the crib go. As I watched the truck that carried it away during my garage sale I thought I might change my mind and chase it down the street. Then I remembered that my oldest will have a drivers liscence in only 3 years.

0 comments:




MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com