Shhhhhhhh...

I did another new thing tonight...not a big deal thing, really, but I don't think I have ever lay down on my back on my driveway at night before.  I find it's fun to be random once in a while.  I even baked a pie yesterday.  It must be October.

But it felt good to just listen to the trees swaying in the breeze....the raindrops on my face....the thunder...the lightning clouds...the sidewalk warming my back...the quiet.  I realized I haven't had much of that lately.  It's true what they say, "7 days without rest makes one weak".  (cheesy, but true).

So I soaked up my brief moment of silence as long as I could while trying to ignore the sounds of my boys jumping off the couches inside.  I couldn't figure out what bothered me more:  that I couldn't figure out how to put words to the thoughts floating around my head, or that I might not actually be able to keep up with the busyness of life right now.  I reread my previous blog and bored myself again with this past week's crazy schedule.  I guess I said "roof" twice in the same sentence too.

But I've come to the simple conclusion that I don't think I need to feel like I have to figure out everything right now.  It's Saturday anyway. 

My Dad has always been good for some words of wisdom for me.  A couple of things he sometimes tells me is to "Keep the main thing, mainly the main thing.", and "just do one thing at a time....you can worry about the rest later".  So, my main thing is making sure I'm being the right kind of Mom to each of my kids, and wife to my husband every day.  Sounds simple written down...and I'll admit it's not always easy all the time. 

But one thing I really should do right now is get both Rylan and the toothpaste out of the bathroom sink...and worry about this blog later...

3 comments:



Linny Jane Vintage said...

If I saw my neighbor lying on her driveway I would think "they neighbor is cool and I want to be her friend..." just sayin! Aww kate, you do such a good job. I am so impressed with your kids and your house and your willingness to drive to china for soccer. Love your blog!

janet said...

Grab the moments for yourself when you can...but I like the last line about getting Rylan & the toothpaste out of the sink...you have to worry about that kind of stuff right now...it won't be relevant in 10 years...and your driveway will still be there...and Lord willing, I will be too...maybe we can lay down on your driveway together and remember funny things together....

elizabeth said...

What a cool visual! I can totally picture you doing that and it sounds relaxing. Miss you and love you! you are awesome an awesome mom!


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com