Fall break

Well another Friday night has arrived.  I don't really care that I spent most of my day doing housework and yardwork; my week kept me too busy to keep up with it so it feels great to be sitting in a clean house right now.  We have 4, maybe 5 games total to go to in the next 2 days, so it feels good to get ahead.  I win.  And I'd also like to add that my mesquite tree is once again even-steven with it's branches.  I win again.

My girls are out with their friends and my boys are engrossed in their 50th viewing of Transformers...(that I occasionally get distracted from because I actually kind of like that movie too).  I'm also texting on my new cell phone back and forth with Josie who is at her high-school's football game with friends, and with Lanie who is at a movie with her friends.  I really had no idea the fun and ease it is to communicate through texts...there's no tone of voice to have to deal with, or noise to have to shout over, and it's really quick.  My text-bashing days are officially over.  And sending pictures!....shopping for two picky daughters has never been easier.

Today is also the beginning of my kids fall break from school.  In years past, we have taken the week for a vacation, but I'm actually kind of glad we didn't have anything planned so we can just stay home.  The weekends are going to be just as busy with soccer tournaments, football, and now softball, but  I can honestly say there's no other place I'd rather be on the weekends than watching my kids play. 

And I don't know what it is about finding happiness in my driveway lately, but last night was fun to sit out there watching my husband throw a football around in the street with my two boys.  With girls, they like to be shopped with, (or for), but with boys, they like to be played with.  They were having a blast, literally, since they decided to scrounge up the leftover "snaps" from the 4th of July and zap them all over the driveway.  I truly don't know if I can convince my neighbors that we are normal anymore.  And I'm pretty sure I've started a new obsession for our 4 year old. 


 It was really great for us to find a little moment where we weren't all separately disconnected from each other in different rooms with TV, video games, the computer, practices or homework.  Being outside felt so wonderful since the temperature has finally dropped due to some wild storms a few days ago, and it has finally begun to feel like fall...my favorite season.  Sweata-weatha...pumpkin smells...taffy apples...I could go on and on...

These kind of days aren't planned, or happen often, but when they do, they bring a little smile to my heart.

0 comments:




MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com