Day off

I'm annoyed with the public school system right now....not so much the education...but what the teenage girls are learning from each other there. My daughter didn't want to go to school today because of her stress of not getting her hair to style right, a skin breakout, and not having anything good to wear. In her mind she thinks she looks awful...I of course don't agree, and think she looks perfectly fine, but my opinion matters very little at the moment.

I let her sleep in today because I know her schedule is ridiculous with homework, school, and coming home late from soccer practices...and the girl just needs more rest! Trying to convince a hormonal 14 year old girl to spend less time in the mirror in both the evening and morning, and instead try taking more time to sleep is next to impossible. I get it, becaues I've been through Jr. High once and ruined my fair share of the ozone layer with Aqua Net. Today the styles are luckily more "natural", though straightening a whole head of hair still requires a lot of time...it's as if the days begin and end with hair-styling.

So we decided to go through her t-shirt selection and found out in detail what was wrong with each and every shirt..."the sleeves are too short, the V-neck is too low, I don't fill that one out yet, that one makes me look like a box, the color is ugly".....blah, blah, blah. And during all this my 4 year old son decided he wanted to model each of his long sleeved shirts for us. I couldn't convince him to change into a short sleeve shirt since I kept telling him he'd be hot and sweaty...and so he joined my daughter in the "I don't like any of my t-shirt's sobfest". I was literally having the same exact argument with my 14 and 3 year old. I was up to my elbows in piles of shirt.

A few minutes later I came back to find them shooting nerf darts onto the ceiling fan together. When the "darts hit the fan"....you know it's a good idea to just go ahead and take the day off.

0 comments:




MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com