Conmadres




Sometimes when it rains it pours....and it's a given that there are weeks when I'll feel like I'm in a little over my head...but when I'm there, I know it's probably a good idea to call up one of my "back-up Mom's". I am so blessed to have different groups of friends to balance me out when I'm feeling like I'm close to falling off of an emotional rollercoaster. If it's anything I'm learning as a Mom these days, it's that I don't have all the answers, and I need all the advice I can get.

I remember when I first moved here, I had a mini sobfest one summer afternoon thinking I was the loneliest loser Mom in Arizona. In Illinois I used to know all my neighbors and there weren't stone fences to block you from just saying "hello" and grass in the front yards that would welcome the kids to play on. July in Arizona's 117 degree weather makes it almost impossible to get to know your neighbors. But I can remember sensing God teaching me to just trust Him and wait...and 7 years later, I feel more than blessed with all the wonderful Mom-friends I now have in my life.

I love all my conmadres...my Mom friends. Ones that I can laugh about having teenage girls and advice on boyfriend issues. Moms of boys that get they are naturally wild and crazy. Moms that are prettier than me: they remind me to style my hair more often...and shower. Restaurant-wife-Moms. Happy-hour-preschool-fun-Moms. Smarter-than-me-about the bible Moms. Soccer Moms. Football Moms. Softball Moms. Neighbor moms. Run-a-marathon-with me Moms. Hiking Mom's. Spanish speaking sister-in-law Moms that spoil me every time we visit Mexico. Friends that I have known since Jr. High-Mom's. Girlscout Moms. Scrapbook Moms. Moms that can be jealous with me about the other Mom's who workout/work/look good/and have 10 kids Moms. Sister-Mom's: they're also my best friends. And the last and never least: my own Mom. There are some seasons I know I wouldn't be strong without their support. I need them all.

I'm horrible about remembering quotes, but there's one about staying connected to the "vine": when the storms come, we would break without the support of others wrapped all around us.

0 comments:




MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com