Orange-whirl


I whipped an orange at my husband the other day. I didn't just throw it, like, ha, ha, I'm throwing an orange at someone....there was some serious and ridiculous rage behind that throw. I envisioned that orange bursting into a thousand pieces off of the back of his head and claiming the victory of my well aimed toss, but I really hadn't had much time to brush up on my food fighting skills this month. Obviously I missed and each time I pull out of my driveway, I have a daily reminder of that failure as it's splattered in a thousand pieces of peels all over the street instead. It really didn't help that he was laughing hysterically at me as I was chasing him around his car before I took aim. My husband and I have been through a lot together and of the 17 years I've known him I can honestly say that was my first time at attempting to throw an orange at his head. Fatigue, thoughtless words, and stress were building up between us and though whipping an orange across the street probably wasn't the most attractive moment of my week, it sure felt good. Raising toddlers and teenagers is hard and adding longer work hours means it's rare for us to find time to be just the two of us. Ironically we went out on a "happy-hour" date just 10 minutes after this moment and after he knew I winded down he just kept kissing my hands and telling me how much he'll always love me no matter what I do or say. Ugh. God has interesting ways of reminding me the importance of humility and showing me what a better half he has blessed me with.

I love this man....but orange is still a good color for him....

1 comments:



Erin Szczerba said...

oh, this brought tears to my eyes! I am so glad he loves you like he does!


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com