Movie Marathon

When I was a kid growing up in Illinois there used to be plenty of weeks, (months), of rainy, wet days that I'd basically have to figure out what to do for the afternoon.  One of my favorite things to do was cozy with a bunch of blankets on the couch and pop in my favorite video and eat a whole bowl of popcorn all by myself.  (It's a "Stamm" thing).

So today in Arizona we are facing an entire Saturday of rain.  Rain is always rare in the desert so we're supposed to enjoy every drop we get, but today it's actually cold enough that snow is sticking to the top of Superstition Mountains again.  Brrr.  I know I will be dreaming of days like this in July when it's 115...but for now, I'm just enjoying the coziness of being trapped inside the house with the kids today.  Since their games have been cancelled, we're going to fill up the whole day with couch lounging, movie watching, popcorn munching, and cookie baking.  (Quite the nice contrast to last Saturday that involved 6 games...in 90 degree temperatures).

When I found Swiss Family Robinson at the library, I had a little "flash from the past" moment, but I knew it would be a great movie to watch with my boys.  They seem to have a lot in common with the youngest boy in that family, Francis...always finding adventure in trouble....(too bad they didn't give him a better name though).  I wasn't sure if the movie was too dated or not, but the boys seemed to get completely mesmerized in the story.  Funny how I still remember most of the lines, and that cute little tiger they trapped in a pit in the ground to scare the pirates away.

Later on this weekend I'll probably find a romantic comedy to enjoy with Lanie, and stay up late with Josie to watch another action thriller...and the boys have been begging to watch Tron. Again.

So movies will probably always be a big part of my family's life, and it's just one way it brings us together once in ahile.  We had the surround system blasting so loud the Fed Ex guy ringing our doorbell couldn't be heard.

Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
I'll jog off my popcorn and shakes tommorrow anyway.

0 comments:




MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com