Country Songs

"I'm all, I'm all, I'm alright.  It's a beautiful day,
and not a cloud in sight, and I guess I'm doing all right. 
Yeah, I guess I'm doin alright"...


"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"...


"I thought if I could touch this place or feel it, this emptiness inside me might start healin, out here it's like I'm someone else, I thought that maybe I could find my self.  If I come in I swear I'll leave, won't take nothing but a memory.  From the house that, built me"...


"She grew up, on the side of the road, where the church bells ring, and strong love grows.  She grew up good, she grew up slow,
like american honey"...


"Remember when, the sound of little feet, was a music,
we danced to week to week"...


"I went sky-divin, rocky mountin climbin, I went 2.7 seconds, on a bull named Boomanju, and I loved deeper, and I spoke sweeter, and I gave forgiveness I'd been denyin, I hope someday you get the chance, to live like you were dyin"...

There's just about a country song for every situation in life, and I just love it.  Not all of it, but most of it is so down to earth and it occasionally tugs on my little heartstrings.  My husband doesn't understand why it sometimes makes me cry, and since my kids mostly cannot stand it, one of my favorite times to listen to it is while doing yardwork.  (No one else seems to like to do yardwork at our house either). So today while I was covered in dirt up to my eyelashes from attacking dandelions and battling the leaks in the sprinkler system this afternoon, I heard the funniest song ever on the radio.  I mean ever.  I wish I knew the actual name of it, but the whole song was basically about the "joy" of being a Mom raising teenage daughters. 

Hi, that's me.

Being a mother of teenage girls is fun.  And frustrating.  Exhausting. Confusing. Hilarious. Emotional. Tough.  The exact opposite of boring. Shampoo depriving. Tweezer disappearing. Shirts on the flooring. Shoes "borrowing". Mood swinging. Plans every nighting. Chores arguing. Jokes making. Movie watching. Laughter bringing. Texting. Chocolate. Hairspray. Busy. Busy. Busy. Love it.  Really.

The song I heard today summed it up better than I just did...so once I find it I'll put it up on this blog.

And yeah, I really just wrote a post on country music & teenage daughters...but why not? 

I like both and they each have a way of making me laugh and cry in a 2 minute time span.

0 comments:




MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com