Birthday Girls

Right now I am surrounded by fifteen 6th grade girls.
Yes, fifteen.

I guess I'm not exactly surrounded...I've escaped upstairs and I can hear them all downstairs laughing up a storm about something.  I've done my duties of serving a 4 course "fiesta" dinner, lit the candles on the cake, organized the pinata "rules", and allowed the loud music to continue...so I figured at this point I really only need to make an appearance every 20 minutes or so.  I'm just hoping they aren't spraying silly string on each other or smearing hot pink frosting in each others faces anymore....or playing tag near my rose bushes. 


But it's all good.  6th grade girls are easily entertained, and my daughter Lanie has a fun group of friends.  It's been fun for me to just sit back and observe their silliness, wittiness, and laughter.  What fun it would be to be 12 again....not too little, and not in jr. high yet. 

My mind is also thinking about my oldest, (almost 15), who is out on her very first "date".  I'll admit it, I caved.  She has to play her 3rd soccer game in a tournament on her birthday this Sunday, so I decided to "let" her have Friday night to go out.  Dinner and a movie.  Sigh.  And I'll also admit, they looked cute.  I really only check up on her every half hour or so through texts...really. 

I realized something tonight.  I miss my little girls. 
Ages 3 & 6, 4 & 7, 5 & 8. 
Pigtails, braids, dresses, pink, princesses,
dressup, bows, dolls, dance classes.

Where did those times go?

They still dress up.  And when they do, they are always beautiful princesses.  I love my girls.  This is the one week I can't think of one without the other since their birthdays are literally 3 days apart, and it's been a long, but fun week of celebrations.

12 and 15.

1 comments:



elizabeth said...

sniff....this post made me tear up. You don't realize how fast they grow up...I mean I remember "the older people" when I was a kid saying...my how fast they grow up. And now, I'm the "older" one saying it. And its true. Love you and happy b-day to your girls.


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com