Singing Angels

Luke 15:10:  In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of angels of God over one sinner who repents.

After I was done praying with Aydan tonight, I got to tell him that angels were having a party singing in heaven just for him...because today, April 21, 2011, he decided to ask Jesus into his heart. 


Explaining the story of Easter and who God is in a way my kids can understand hasn't exactly been easy.  Just like I did, they have so many questions...Who is Jesus?  Who is God?  Why can't we see them?  Why is there a bad guy named Satan?  Why did Jesus have to die on the cross?  Are we going to die like Jesus?  So Jesus defeats the bad guy named Satan?  How?  What does it mean he wants to live in my heart?  If he's alive where is he?  How do we get to heaven....no really, how exactly?  Where is heaven?   Did God really make everything?  Does God really love me?  Why do we need to be saved?  What do we need to be saved from? 

I'll admit I don't know how to eloquently answer all these questions, and when I can't, I do my best to try to search for answers in God's word.  What I do hope, is that each of my kids will come to understand that God loves them more than their own mother could....that He would lay down his life on a cross for them...and that He Lives.  And that they would choose to believe in Him.

I am thankful to God for entrusting me with these children, and I hope I'm doing my best by them.  This month has thrown quite a few parenting challenges my way as usual, but I was thankful to be able to share that prayer with Aydan tonight.  (Another cool fact is that it was also his Papa Chemo's birthday tonight; Aydan's middle name is Anselmo who he is named after).

When Aydan was born into this world he arrived only 20 minutes after we getting to the hospital, January 7, 2003.  I literally crawled on the freezing sidewalk in front of the hospital from my Isuzu Trooper to the emergency room, until Chemo could find a wheelchair for me because I was in so much pain.  After they rushed us to the delivery room, the nurses begged me to try to wait for the doctor to arrive.  (The chance for an epidural was not an option, and so of course I was furious...especially since he was over 10 pounds!)  This boy was in a hurry to show up for some reason, but I truly felt God's presence with us that night, and out of some deep instinct I started praying the Lords prayer only minutes before he was born.

He is my first boy and he'll always have a special place in my heart.  He has such an excitement for life, a great sense of humor, and a tender little heart.  He's got a lot of little ideas brewing in his little 8 year old head, and I just hope I'll always have the energy to keep up with him....even if I have to crawl to keep up.

It's probably not a coincidence that I put Hasta La Vista on the back of his football jersey this season.

0 comments:




MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com