I am the Mother

I have a friend that forwarded this to me recently and it really touched and convicted me. 

I am The Mother.
I have come to a frightening conclusion.
I am the decisive element in the home.
It is my approach that creates the climate.
It is my daily mood that makes the weather.
I possess tremendous power to make my families life miserable or joyous.
I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal.
In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis wil be
escalated or de-escalated....
and a person humanized or dehumanized.

With the hustle and bustle of Christmas shopping, errands, games & practice schedules, and the day-to-day busyness of life, I notice my moods can go up and down with my energy levels. 

"Tis the season to be jolly" isn't always a reality, but it can definately be a choice.  I want my kids to remember that our home was a safe place to "just be"...and that Mom wasn't always in a bad mood.

My life feels busy, but I love my kids, and want to make sure they know I like them too.

1 comments:



jen said...

well said. you now need a t-shirt that says in super man ish font "the mother". :)


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com