Wonder Woman

At some point in our lives, I think we all eventually become a fan of something or someone.  I never really cared much for Barbie, Strawberry shortcake, or Cabbage patch kids, but I'm pretty sure I loved Wonder Woman since I was four.  I had to have her underoos, freezy-freakies, swimming suit, and the plastic costume/mask pack from K-mart for Halloween....(if you grew up in the 80's then you know what freezy-freakies are).  I would love to pretend to be like Linda Carter and spin around to magically transform into star spangled spankies with red knee high boots...then whip off my golden crown like a boomerang as a weapon and dodge bullets from the bad guys with my golden bracelet cuffs.  The Justice League just wouldn't be the same without her either...who else had a lasso of truth and an invisible jet?

To this day, I still own a keychain, a t-shirt, and sadly had to recently peel off my favorite worn out bumper sticker off my van that read:  "WonderWoman on Board".  (These were all gifts from family members by the way).  I'll admit it, I'm still a fan, and those that know me well know that.  With all the superhero movies they've made these days I still wonder why they haven't made a movie on her yet...but I kind of think Linda Carter left some serious red boots to fill.

So I realized that I've been blogging for about a year now, and though I still feel kind of new to it, I've been brainstorming and wondering about ways on how to change my blog and make it a little more "me"...

"Once in a while Wonder-Woman"

..Kind of has an interesting ring to it, huh?  I mean, I really don't ever think I'm a woman worthy of the title, but I think my 4 year old heart still imagines to try to be in some ways....because what girl doesn't secretly want to own a pair of red leather knee high boots?  I'm a mom/sister/wife/daughter/friend...and as a woman, I'm always trying to re-figure myself out in the different stages of my life.  So every once in a while, in an effort to not be boring, I like to try something challenging...or different, and if I wonder long enough about it, I usually figure it's worth a try.

At age ten I shocked my parents by rearranging the bedrooms when they were out one afternoon...I guess my version of an extreme home-makeover fell through because I really couldn't figure out how to get the beds through the hallways.  I painted my first house with a 6" paintbrush one wall at a time.  I've filled up the back of my van with dirt from a farm field a dozen times to finish and level a brick patio.  I've jumped off of bridges, spied and snuck into a creepy neighbors basement, fell out of a van three times, and came face to face with a coyote....okay it was actually only 20 feet away...but the neighbors wolf dogs that chased me were just as scary.

Live/Laugh/Love, (Vida/Risa/Amor), is still a great "motto" to live by, and my hope is to keep trying new projects or adventures to keep life interesting every now and then.  I'm usually busy enough with my "Fantastic Four", and my loveable ogre of a husband, "Shre-mo" has learned to put up with most of my ideas from far-far-away. 

As a woman I know I can't always be one way or another, but every once in a while, it's fun to try something new, and I think that's what gives life a little thrill.  I can almost hear my little red cape flapping in the wind.

Not all who wonder are lost. 

Stay tuned for a wonderful transformation...

1 comments:



Linny Jane Vintage said...

KAte you crack me up! Loading dirt into your mini van...I hope I am someday that hardcore about home improvement! I so enjoy your blog! Excited for a transformation!


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com