A "Perfect" Day


I like to listen to a lot of different kinds of music and one of the ways I find good songs to go running to is from hearing them in movies I've watched. The opening scene in the movie Legally Blonde plays a song called "Perfect Day" as Reese Witherspoon's character goes about her day all super happy in her little world with her little chihua-hua sidekick. It's rare to find songs that both pump you up and have decent lyrics. I even started my half marathon back in January listening to this song..."I'm in the race and I've already won...and gettin there can be half the fun, and don't you try to reign on my perfect day!"

"Perfect" days rarely occur for the average mother of 4 these days, and I don't have an adorable chihua-hua in a tu-tu named Bruiser, but I sure did have a random day where everything seemed to go right and so I just wanted to write about it so I wouldn't forget!

The first detail I should mention that made this day awesome was that it was Chemo's first day off in about 6 days so it was nice for all of us to see him home. After he volunteered to drop the kids off at school, I started planning my chance to "escape". I haven't had many chances to get out and run so I started my day with the hope I still had the ability to conquer 8 miles. The weather was picture perfect at 60 degrees with sunny blue skies and I was happy to finish without passing out and a little relieved to find out I didn't let too much time go by before this run would have been impossible. When I walked in the front door, I was surprised to find out Chemo had scrubbed our shower and toilets, had also disassembled our broken garbage disposal to find parts for to fix, and unclogged one of our bathroom sinks. (And I really just need to say, without any hint of sarcasm whatsoever, that there is nothing sexier than a man cleaning or fixing things around the house without having been asked....seriously.

This day was also between Lanie and Josie's birthdays and since their Dad had the day off, we thought it would be fun to take them out of school to go to lunch to their favorite place for chips and chili-queso with Grandma and Grandpa. It was nice to have a reason to actually style my hair and get to hang out with my parents since we've all been a little busy to just sit down and catch up. Grandma picked out the cutest trendy spring tops for them and gifted up their shopping cards very generously! They were so happy!

I had taken Lanie out shopping the day before, so it was Josie's "turn", and we really had a fun afternoon at the mall together. She found a couple of fun t-shirts for herself, and I was excited to find 3 shirts for myself for $10...(coupons always save the day!) When we came back from shopping, Chemo was in the mood to take me out alone so we took off for another happy hour date and left the kids alone with their Wii, T.V. show's, & frozen pizza. (I was seriously enjoying my day off of no dish washing, or meal planning!!)

The day ended with the kids going to bed on time and happy, and we were able to watch a movie alone together. Weeks where we have two family members with birthdays back to back are usually busy, so it was awesome to find a day in between where everything seemed to just go right. It really was a gift...just about the perfect day!!

1 comments:



elizabeth said...

Yeah for happy days! Gotta love them...I'm glad you to have some alone time with your man...I know it doesn't happen often.


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com