Awesome Foursome

With all the busyness that January brought this month, I haven't had much time to think about the fact that in just two days I will be on a plane headed for North Carolina to see my three favorite friends!  I have known these girls since training bras, tretorn shoes, aqua-net, and braces....hard to believe that was about 25 years ago!  Growing up together in a small town in the midwest, we've been through church camps, sleep-overs, tee-pee wars, boy crushes, drives to Carlos Sweeneys for chips and salsa in "the flea", rap music, and tubing with snakes until sunset down a neighborhood creek.  (Ofcourse I can't forget the most important....each other's closets!)

So even though now we're all hundreds of miles away from each other in different parts of the country, and all in our "mid" thirties with kids of our own now, (15 altogether between the 4 of us!)...when we are together we are still the same group that just loves to laugh our heads off and just be girls.

I have missed them, and I'll admit I so need this "girls getaway".  I love that they already know me and that we've kept in touch all these years.  It's a guarantee when we're together there's never a dull moment...and I'm looking forward to meeting the two newest little girls of the group....both only 2 months old.

I can't imagine what life would life would be like without just one good friend, and I'm realizing it's rare to keep friends this long...even three of them! 

...So I think it's safe to say by now they're my friends for life.
(Chicago: 2008):
...Best friends four-ever.

0 comments:




MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com