New Year

I like New Years. There's always the hope that there's somehow a way to be able to make the new one better than the last one. I've been stuck in some kind of funk for the past few months and though I'm almost getting my thoughts organized on it all, I can kind of feel like I'm coming out of it....I can't describe it any other way. We watched a lot of movies over Christmas break and I grabbed a little quote from one of them, (of course I cannot remember which one)...

"Focus on who you are being, not on who you want to be"...

I'm not going to sugar coat it: I've had a lot of meltdowns. The shut-myself-in-my closet kind of sobfests. Feelings of insignificance, loneliness, boredom, frustration, and fatigue seemed to have just bombarded me. I'm hoping it was just a bad case of the "winter-blues". When I didn't know now how to answer the question: "What do I like to do for fun?" I got a little freaked out. So I'm kind of just deciding that it doesn't really matter if I can answer that...I actually like to do a lot of different things.

I know I tend to overanalyze things, so it's probably been a good thing that I've kept busy "organizing" Christmas, New Years, 2 birthday's, presents, cakes, new toys, and decorations....because I really like celebrations and making things feel "festive".

I'm running a half marathon in 6 days....which has turned out to be a darn good thing because I've probably needed the extra dose of endorphins. I'm totally ready. Last year I might have felt I was "spread out too thin"....this year I hope to just be content no matter what the circumstances are.

I also hope that when I blog I don't have to hit the delete button every two seconds.

0 comments:




MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com