Kip Awt

(Also pronounced Keep Out).  This is what was written on the sign my 6 year old made to tape on the couch cushions of his fort set up today....all the while wasting the afternoon away with fruit loops in his fitted ninja costume with his spider man mask.  Sometimes to me he is the boy version of the character Eloise in my most favorite of all times book.  I love his imagination.

It's the end of July and it's about that time the 4 walls of our house seem to melt in on all of us so we're all in 6 different forms of stir-crazy.  We're all looking for ways to find space from each other and I have discovered that when I sit in the backyard with my feet propped up in the kiddy pool no one seems to bother me there.  I have the right amount of crazy to be able to voluntarily sit out in the heat...which is a small sacrifice for quiet.  I didn't even care that the sun wasn't out today either.  Or flies.

The summer went by fast, but for some reason this last week left before school starts seems to be moving the slowest.  I had meant to update all kinds of things on this blog but never quite felt up to it....in fact I'm actually not really in the mood to write anything now either.  I'm boring even myself.  (Yawn).  But I did just reread a few of my own posts to see where I left off and got myself a little teared up, and I was thankful to have those memories written down.

What I should be doing is soaking up every second of this non-scheduled week, (oh wait, there's still softball and soccer...year round seasons here f.y.i.)...but I'm finding myself feeling anxious...

Anxious for the not knowing if I'm working again in the fall, or if Lanie will find a softball team, or if I can get Josie to use the brakes: (in driving and with dating), if my boys will ever stop pounding on each other, if the ceiling on my van will ever stop peeling off, if my right ear "deafness" will ever go away....

Ugh.  Enough.  It is what it is.  And Rylan's sign was just the reminder I needed.

Worries:  Kip Awt.

For tommorrow has enough trouble of it's own.

2 comments:



jen said...

this is awesome. :)

Oscar said...

I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com