Last Day of Preschool

I thought I'd cry.  Get choked up.  Sniffle.  Anything.  But nope, not a tear was shed today.

Except when I drove by a parked SUV with balloons and "Congratulations Grad!...Class of 2011" graffittied all over it.  I realized my daughter will be graduating high school in 3 years.  Three.  Class of 2014.

But back to Rylan.  Preschool Graduation:  2011. 
Highschool Graduation:  2023.

I woke up to his feet kicking my ribs this morning.  I thought we were done with this chapter in life, but evidently he still has bad dreams.  Rylan is adorable when he sleeps, and I cringe to have to wake him up for school because he wakes up like a bear.  There is much "growling", crying, and arguing over what is going to be worn to school.  Today he ordered me to call his teacher because he was convinced he was supposed to wear a graduation gown and cap.  You know what's grumpier than a baby bear?  His mama who hasn't had caffeine yet.  Or food.  grrrrr.

I'm supposed to say how cute my boy was in his graduation, (he was), and how memorable today was, (not really), and since I don't know how to cutesify this morning into words, I'm just going to tell it like it was for a paragraph.  Usually it's amusing to watch little kids perform their little songs, and though they are completely adorable to watch, (for 10 minutes),  Rylan looked a little spaced.  I tried to capture a hand clap, or a thumbs up, or a smile, but it was slim picking in his singing performances.  Tiny people chairs are uncomfortable to sit in...for an hour, and the two little one year old siblings running circles around the class during their song time, (one is standing next to him in this picture), made me want to tackle the parents for not controlling them.  I know I have very large issues, but that was something I seriously had to get off my chest.  That, and preschool rooms make me want to organize and clean something.


Sigh.  My baby just graduated from preschool today, and summer has finally arrived.  Our last first day of Kindergarten is only 3 months away, but the countdown to our beach vacation is only 9 days away.  I might cry about it tommorrow, but for now all I can think about is Destination:  Relaxation.

1 comments:



jen said...

"slim pickings"...seriously you're hilarious and I love the way you write. :) bring on the pool! :)


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com