May Madness


The end of the school year seems to make life seem busier than ever...even busier than the Christmas season. My brain doesn't seem to want to put together sentences well at the moment, and I don't even think I can put words to describe my thoughts either...I don't remember having any this week. All I know is that I thought I was going to have a week or so to be able to catch my breath after Rylan's birthday and Mother's Day, but as it turns out, I was wrong.

There have been yearbooks to buy, teachers to appreciate, projects to finish, sing-a-long shows, treats to donate, carnivals to volunteer in, costumes to create, and a dozen or so posters to create...(Lanie wants to run for student council treasurer). Add to that birthday gifts to buy, appointments to schedule, allergies to prevent, pre-schools & high-school to investigate, Vacation Bible Schools and fall sports to sign up online, and church camps to save up for. 2 days ago I sewed on 10 girl scout patches that were falling off, organized a garage-sale, un-organized a garage-sale, wiped slime and fingerprints off the van windows, and went through a half a can of Raid trying to get rid of the ants invading my kitchen. Today I cut, trimmed, aligned, peeled, and ironed 24 soccer Mom t-shirt transfers onto shirts. There really are more than 101 ways to ruin a t-shirt transfer.

Growling hurts your throat later. I also can't remember what I fed my kids today. My 4 year old drank 6 or so milk sippy cups I think. I made cookies...out of the package. I eat a PB & J every day. My teenager steals my tweezers and shoes. I need to start buying conditioner by the gallon. There are soccer tryouts tommorrow, football practice, and a talent show at church. Russel Crowe makes an awesome Robin Hood.

Maybe I've inhaled too much bug spray. I do have one clear thought...that in only 2 weeks I will be sitting with my toes in the sand. On a beach. With an adult beverage in my hand.

0 comments:




MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com