Overload

I can't write. GI Joe is playing on our new blue-ray DVD while my boys take turns jumping off the coffee table to the couch. My mind is and has been on overload. I've been second guessing myself all day with issues with my kids. How much texting is too much for a 13 year old? Do we have enough milk to last for the next two days? Do I spend enough time with them? Are some of these PG13 movies corrupting their minds? Should I sit and practice reading with Aydan instead of letting him play another game of Wii? Did I tell them I love them lately? I've been to CVS, the gas station, Walmart twice, ordered a birthday bouncy thing online, to Safeway, The Elephant Bar with the kids to visit Chemo, the mall, dropped the kids back home, and then back out again to deliver a meal to a good friend. Why am I out in the chaotic stores two days before Christmas? I'd rather be sipping hot chocolate and looking out my window at a backyard filled with snow. Simpler times. I'm waiting for that "Christmas spirit" to sink in any time now. If only I could just be still and have quiet for a few minutes...

0 comments:




MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com