Sports-Mom

Usually people reflect at the end of the year of all the different things they've done or accomplished, but I've spontaneously found myself in a moment in November where I'm able to ponder life a little. We're absolutely, positively, with out a doubt, in the busiest season I've ever seen my family in. I finally get why people have loads and loads of their kids wallet sized school and sport photos stuffed in drawers....it's because who has the time to sit and cut them up and then pass them out anymore!! Aydan just finished up his football season and was so excited about getting his very first trophy. Just this past Saturday I watched Aydan's game at 8, Lanie's game at 2, then Josie's game at 4....(it was also a tournament weekend for Josie so she had 2 more games on Sunday). I honestly LOVE watching my kids play. I get chills just watching Lanie make it around the bases or making a big crack at the ball, or Aydan quickly grab a flag and hold it high in the air for his "fans" to see, and Josie doing her "messy" soccer moves with such serious speed. I should probably be doing better with my half marathon training, but I'd rather sit and watch my kids play any day. I switched my plan of doing a full marathon to a half since doing a full marathon is just way too much of a time and energy commitment right now. I figured I've been a Mom for 13 years, as it is also my 13th wedding anniversary in a couple weeks...so maybe 13 is my "lucky" number this year. Sports will probably always be a huge part of my family's life and I'm reminded to be thankful that my kids live in a climate where it's 85 degrees in November so they can keep playing games they love.

0 comments:




MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com